none
Adding CD/DVD-Image Resource RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to implement this functionality of inserting a dvd-image in an already existing dvd-drive using WMI APIs. A quick look at the WMI Events log gave me an idea that this would involve adding dvd-image resource (using AddVirtualSystemResources method) and using the Default DVD-Image Definition. But could someone point out the actual details of the implementation.

Using the Default DVD-Image Definition (ResourceAllocationSettingData) gave the following error:

'ErrorSummaryDescription = "'Win2k3' failed to add resources to 'Win2k3'.\n\nAn unexpected error o
    ccurred: Unspecified error (0x80004005)";'

And I think it is pretty clear that the dvd-drive image to be added should need the parent path (and possibly other details). So giving Default DVD-Image Definition as a ResourceSetting should not be correct. So do we have to create a new instance of ResourceAllocationSettingData and in this case where do I get the InstanceID?

Thanks for the Reply in Advance.

Gaurav
    Thursday, March 6, 2008 10:50 AM

Answers

• Never mind this question. I think I got the answer. We have to pass the definition with apt changes to parent and connection properties. If somebody needs the details I'll post it.

Thanks.
    Friday, March 7, 2008 10:24 AM

All replies