none
Create custom chart in Excel - VBA/SVG/Javascript RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Saythj,

in your last question you had asked, "So that a user could use d3 or fusion charts from an excel interface and create dashboards in excel using these chart types. "

from your description of new question, I understand that you want to use the charts provided by the D3 and Fusion Charts in Excel Addin and from that Addin you want to add that chart on the sheet to make a Dash Board.

I again check their websites and find that They are offering Charts for Asp.net.

Here I want to inform you that Asp.net project and Excel Addin project both are different.

so here you need to confirm with them that their charts will also supported in Excel Addin project or it is limited to Asp.net project only.

Fusion charts provides the support for their products so you need to ask them regarding this.

as it is a third party product we don't have any information regarding their products.

After solving this issue and if it is supported for Addin then you can think about developing an Addin and make a Dashboard from it.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 29, 2016 5:51 AM

All replies

• Hi SaythJ,

From the link you had shared regarding  Documentation of App for office is JavaScript related Addin.

This forum supports the VBA , VSTO, Excel Related issue.

in Excel object model (based on VBA) there is no any functionality that you are looking for.

from the link you had shared with us from that I assume that you want to develop a App for office Addin.

so it is better if you raise this issue on App for office forum to get more qualified suggestion regarding your issue.

you can visit the link below is for App For office Forum.

Developing App for Office

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, August 15, 2016 4:56 AM
  • I Deepak happy to look at addins, I wanted to look at anyway to create customised charts. I notice that Perltier and Vertex seem to create customm charts that aren't addins, how do I do this?

Taking my C# further

Monday, August 15, 2016 7:31 AM
  • Hi Saythj,

did you mean by the vertex is site like below?

Gantt Chart Template for Excel

it is a Third Party Tool so I don't have any information regarding that.

but in the link you had mentioned above regarding Fusion Charts.

in that I noticed that they are using Asp.net, Angular JS, Jquery.

so if you want to develop chart like that you can consider to use this Technologies.

Here I want to ask you which custom chart you want to create?

by customizing the chart, do you mean that the chart is already available in the Excel but you want to format it like with different colors, fonts etc. or it is a new chart that is not available in the Excel and you want to create it from the scratch.

Regards

Deepak

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 5:19 AM
  • Yes I wanted to create some customer charts like FusionCharts. I can manipulate the standard charts well and appreciate the extra facility in 2016 just wanted to see if I could push it a bit further.

I guess using the office dev addins would likely be the main way to achieve this. 

Taking my C# further

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 11:22 AM
  • Hi SaythJ,

Yes, you can try to develop the App for office Addin.

but first you start your developing in App for Office I recommend you to Raise this issue on a App for Office forum and get their opinion regarding this.

so that you can get a precise suggestion to achieve your requirement.

Regards

Deepak  

Thursday, August 18, 2016 2:02 AM
  • Is there a way with the new office developer addins to create custom chart addins in Excel? So that a user could use d3 or fusion charts from an excel interface and create dashboards in excel using these chart types.

Taking my C# further

Sunday, August 28, 2016 2:39 AM
  • Hi Saythj,

in your last question you had asked, "So that a user could use d3 or fusion charts from an excel interface and create dashboards in excel using these chart types. "

from your description of new question, I understand that you want to use the charts provided by the D3 and Fusion Charts in Excel Addin and from that Addin you want to add that chart on the sheet to make a Dash Board.

I again check their websites and find that They are offering Charts for Asp.net.

Here I want to inform you that Asp.net project and Excel Addin project both are different.

so here you need to confirm with them that their charts will also supported in Excel Addin project or it is limited to Asp.net project only.

Fusion charts provides the support for their products so you need to ask them regarding this.

as it is a third party product we don't have any information regarding their products.

After solving this issue and if it is supported for Addin then you can think about developing an Addin and make a Dashboard from it.

Regards

Deepak

Monday, August 29, 2016 5:51 AM