none
Google search showing Spanish version of articles RRS feed

• Question

• Currently if I google for an identifier such as "dm_db_index_usage_stats", the first result in Google is the Spanish language version of the MSDN article, even though my browser and search settings are set to English.  This issue did not exist up until very recently.  I noticed several other people on web forums who had the same issue lately.  They said that the pages are tagged as being in English when they are in fact in Spanish.  Another example:  google for "CHARINDEX".  (This happens with certain searches that will return an MSDN article, but some other searches will return the English version.)

Please fix this ASAP !!  It's really annoying.

Thanks

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 10:27 PM

All replies

• This is still an issue.  I just googled for "output clause sql" (minus quotes) and the Spanish version is the first hit.
    Monday, January 17, 2011 5:32 PM
  • I can definitely reproduce that issue Jordan, though I notice that the correct url is returned when I use Bing to search:

http://www.bing.com/search?q=output+clause+sql&go=&form=QBLH&qs=n&sk=

I'm not so sure this isn't an issue for the Google folks, but I'll send some notes to our content folks and see if there's anything we can do.

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Monday, January 17, 2011 8:39 PM
  • This started happening maybe over a month ago and now  I keep getting this all the time. Funny thing is it's only occurring for msdn related content...Ended up switching to Bing search for now
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:13 PM