none
kinectRegion - using hand tip instead of hand center RRS feed

• Question

• I have a kinectRegion in my WPF project and am wondering if I can alter the joint which is used for the cursor position? I'd use the hand tip joint instead of the hand center. 

Best,

Lukas

Monday, May 18, 2015 3:18 PM

Answers

• That's precisely the video about bulding your own interactions. As stated in the video, if you don't like the standard interaction provided you will have to rebuilt it. Maybe you can ask Kinect team for some code (like the demos shown) so you don't have to rebuilt it all.
    • Marked as answer by l00ki Tuesday, May 19, 2015 1:31 PM
    Tuesday, May 19, 2015 11:47 AM

All replies

• I don't think so. Kinect Region interactions are currently quite closed.
    Monday, May 18, 2015 5:06 PM
  • Ok, thanks. 

It's just that I  saw the Kinect video on channel 9, where they demonstrated the difference between these two joints used as position for the cursor and thought it would also be accessible in the sdk.

Monday, May 18, 2015 5:33 PM
  • Is it one the jumpstart videos? Which one? Maybe it's a video from some developer. I suppose it can be done, but building the interaction from scratch not using a Kinect Region.
    Tuesday, May 19, 2015 8:17 AM
  • yep, the last one (Advance Topics: Skeletal Tracking and Depth Filtering), that's why I thought it should somehow be possible.

Building from scratch is no option for me - it's too time consuming...   

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 9:55 AM
  • That's precisely the video about bulding your own interactions. As stated in the video, if you don't like the standard interaction provided you will have to rebuilt it. Maybe you can ask Kinect team for some code (like the demos shown) so you don't have to rebuilt it all.
    • Marked as answer by l00ki Tuesday, May 19, 2015 1:31 PM
    Tuesday, May 19, 2015 11:47 AM
  • All right, thanks. Just don't get it why they didn't provide a more customisable interaction model - I mean, rewriting the hole story just to adapt some small things...
    Tuesday, May 19, 2015 1:31 PM
  • I don't get it either. Some months ago I was in your same situation, trying to make some small modification into the KinectRegion, but I couldn't. At least, it could be useful to have some demo in the SDK with some PHIZ implementation. The video gives some guidelines, but I would not know where to start exactly if I needed to make my own PHIZ.
    Tuesday, May 19, 2015 2:16 PM