none
a Common Form that hosts data/connections for other forms RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are former Delphi developpers and are having a 'problem' to setup a kind of a datamodule. This could be an insible form that has a connection to a accouting system over dcom. Now we would like to call the procedures on that form from several other forms. We don't want to create a connection on each form (app is mdi).

How could we do this, and mostly, how would we reference that 'common' form.

Kids Regards

Saturday, April 15, 2006 7:57 PM

All replies

• Hi!
    Maybe "Component" could work as a DataModule for you...
    But I really recomend you to read: Microsoft® .NET Distributed Applications: Integrating XML Web Services and .NET Remoting I know, I know, maybe you application has nothing to do with WebServices or Remoting, but the interesting thing about this book is that it tells you how to properly organize your application so that it has a good architecture...
    I have also read good things CSLA for .NET (but I have not read that book) again, the main advantage is that it tells you how to organize your architecture in a good way.
    bye

Sunday, April 23, 2006 11:37 PM
  • Why hold the connection on any of the Forms? why not, for example, create the connection somewhere else (e.g. main) and inject  it to forms when you initialize them

Arnon

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 10:27 PM