Parser Error - Could not load Inherits RRS feed

• Question

• User-1542511547 posted

Been searching, reading and trying forums suggestions all day without any luck.  Think I have something stupid in my setup and could use a second set of eyes to help identify the problem.

When I try to load the start up page (default.aspx), I get a server error, parser error, could not load type "AKSMReporting._default"

I have tried changing CodeBehind to CodeFile
    Removing Compilers and Assemblies from Web Config
    Deleting the BIN folder, recreating and rebuilding all DLL's
    Tried moving the project to different sub-directories due to the folder restrictions of ASPX

Here is what I have as it stands right now.

In IIS, I have a web which is external.  Within that site, we created a virtual directory.  So when you go to www.mycompany.com\virtualdirectory it launches my default.aspx page.

The primary website is in a directory called "d:\ExternalSite".  Within that directory is the web.config and bin.  In the bin is two projects and the DLL's for each.  Within the ExternalSite, I have created a directory called "Exclusions" and it contains all my ASPX files.  I have also created a directory "d:\Exclusions" and put all the ASPX files in it.  When I said I tried moving the project, I pointed IIS to each directory and tried to load the web page and it failed each time.

The initial external site works file so copying in the second project has not caused an issue.  The first line of the ASPX page that fails reads, where AKSMReporting is the namespace for the project.  The other namespace is externalsite.

<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="default.aspx.vb" Inherits="AKSMReporting._default" %>

Is my issue that I have two projects in the Bin folder?  Didn't read anything that said I couldn't as long as defined in page.  Or, is my exclusion directory within the externalsite directory causing the folder issue with ASPX?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Douglas

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:13 PM

Answers

• User-306339031 posted

Convert your virtual directory into an IIS Application and try it out.

Not sure why you "have two projects in the Bin folder". Bin is typically for dlls and executables.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 5, 2013 2:31 PM

All replies

• User-1542511547 posted

On a whim, I tried to combine both projects into one.

I imported all the AKSMReporting pages and code into the "ExternalSite" project.  I recompiled and reposted.  The original site still works fine.  When I go to my reporting, it fails with the same error.

Now I am really stumped. : (

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:06 PM
  • User-306339031 posted

Convert your virtual directory into an IIS Application and try it out.

Not sure why you "have two projects in the Bin folder". Bin is typically for dlls and executables.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 5, 2013 2:31 PM