Percentage of total RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone

I have a report with different products and the sales of the products

For example

Product                                    total Sales                                Percentage to the total

Cloths                                                      400                                          13%

Handbags                                                1200                                        ?

Accessories                                             1500

Total Sale                                                3100       

Can someone let me know the easiest way to achieve this?

Cheers

Product                                                total Sales                           Percentage to the total

Cloths                                                   400                                         13%

Handbags                                            1200                                       ?

Accessories                                        1500

Total Sale                                             3100       

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 12:59 AM

Answers

• Hi There

If I understand you correctly then you have a tablix report and you have details row with different product and their total and you have a total for all the products inside your report and you would like to take the percentage of your individual product with total amount of the entire product.

If that is the case what you need to do you just need to use report item collection and divide your individual product values with that report item textbox

Sum(Fields!productSalesAmount.Value)/ ReportItems!TextBoxtotal.Value

I am assuming that the field name of your data set is productSalesAmount and TextBoxtotal is the textbox in which you have sum of all the products. You can change this according to your own report setting

After that please right click on the textbox and go to properties and go to number and set the category as percentage and you have done.

If you have any questions pelase let me know

Many Thanks

Syed Qazafi Anjum

Please click "Mark as Answer" if this resolves your problem or "Vote as Helpful" if you find it helpful.

• Proposed as answer by Syed Qazafi Anjum Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fidiausms Tuesday, May 22, 2012 3:00 AM
    Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:30 AM
  • Hi Fidi

you just need to repeat these step again for your group as well. so on your group level pelase define total by right clicking on the group details level and then put the expression like this

where Sum(Fields!productSalesAmount.Value) is the sum of your product at category level

After that please right click on the textbox and go to properties and go to number and set the category as percentage and you have done.

Many Thanks

Syed Qazafi Anjum

Hi Fidi

You just need to repeat these steps again for your group as well. So on your group level please define total by right clicking on the group details level and then put the expression like this

Where Sum(Fields!productSalesAmount.Value) is the sum of your products at category level

If you have any questions please let me know

Many Thanks

Syed Qazafi Anjum

Please click "Mark as Answer" if this resolves your problem or "Vote as Helpful" if you find it helpful.

• Marked as answer by Fidiausms Tuesday, May 22, 2012 10:01 PM
    Tuesday, May 22, 2012 3:53 AM

All replies

• Hi There

If I understand you correctly then you have a tablix report and you have details row with different product and their total and you have a total for all the products inside your report and you would like to take the percentage of your individual product with total amount of the entire product.

If that is the case what you need to do you just need to use report item collection and divide your individual product values with that report item textbox

I am assuming that the field name of your data set is productSalesAmount and TextBoxtotal is the textbox in which you have sum of all the products. You can change this according to your own report setting

Many Thanks

Syed Qazafi Anjum

• Proposed as answer by Syed Qazafi Anjum Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fidiausms Tuesday, May 22, 2012 3:00 AM
    Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:30 AM
  • Hi Syed

This work really well but I do have another question now I also have a group
    category so that which category in which different product belong to and I
    would like to take the same percentage with that group level as well. Is that
    possible?

Very grateful for your prompt response

Cheers

Fidi

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 3:00 AM
  • Hi Fidi

you just need to repeat these step again for your group as well. so on your group level pelase define total by right clicking on the group details level and then put the expression like this

where Sum(Fields!productSalesAmount.Value) is the sum of your product at category level

Many Thanks

Syed Qazafi Anjum

Hi Fidi

You just need to repeat these steps again for your group as well. So on your group level please define total by right clicking on the group details level and then put the expression like this

Where Sum(Fields!productSalesAmount.Value) is the sum of your products at category level

If you have any questions please let me know

Many Thanks

Syed Qazafi Anjum

• Marked as answer by Fidiausms Tuesday, May 22, 2012 10:01 PM
    Tuesday, May 22, 2012 3:53 AM
  • Thanks syed it all good

Fidi

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 10:01 PM