Determining the staged URI of a package

Question

• The PackageManager::StagePackageAsync method and its DeploymentResult have no way of determining where the package was actually staged. This is problematic as RegisterPackageAsync requires the URI of the staged packages.

Is there any way to determine the suffix of the package name? I.e. the part after the last underscore in "Microsoft.VCLibs.110.00_11.0.51106.1_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe". My guess is that it's somehow related to the signing certificate since a lot of (all?) Microsoft packages have the same extension.

Friday, February 08, 2013 2:24 PM

Answers

• You can get the full name (including the hash) from the  PackageId.FullName property. There is no way provided to get or calculate the hash separately.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Marcus Ilgner Monday, February 11, 2013 9:03 AM
    Monday, February 11, 2013 8:28 AM
    Owner

All replies

• That is the PackageId.FullName. The last part is the publisher ID hash. See Deployment for Windows Store apps. The "Package Staging" section explains where the package will be staged.

--Rob

• Proposed as answer by Jesse Jiang Monday, February 11, 2013 3:11 AM
    Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:41 AM
    Owner
  • Rob, thank you for your reply.

My question was more about how to determine the publisher ID hash. Is it available via some interface or is there a way to calculate it myself?

Monday, February 11, 2013 7:18 AM
  • You can get the full name (including the hash) from the  PackageId.FullName property. There is no way provided to get or calculate the hash separately.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Marcus Ilgner Monday, February 11, 2013 9:03 AM
    Monday, February 11, 2013 8:28 AM
    Owner