none
stmedit problems using port 80 and StreamOobEditClassify RRS feed

• Question

• I altered the stmedit to look at traffic in port 80 and it works if I do not use oob edit.  As I look through the device object, there seems to be some members of the device structure which may not be safe to be in the device and should be queued up and sent to the worker thread as well.  These include:

flowId
    calloutId
    layerId
    streamFlags

None of these are guarded.  Am I missing something or is this example limited in such a fashion.  I altered the words to be changed to phone numbers I knew would not be in the stream just to take that portion out of the possibility as well.  But it all works if inline editing.

Thanks for your help.
    AC
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 6:43 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately this sample is not production quality as made apparent by some of the comments

//
          // A new flow arrives before we finish processing an earlier flow. Production
          // code should create 1:1 between streamEditor and flow to handle this
          // condition. See the "MSN Monitor sample" for how that can be implemented.
          //

To handle concurrent flows, you will need to maintain states in a flow context data structure just like the MSN Monitor sample.

We have plans to improve and update these samples.

thanks,
    Biao.W.

Monday, November 30, 2009 8:18 PM

All replies

• Did you ever get to the bottom of thi?.  I cant get port 80stream  filtering to work. It is unreliable for both input and output.  I suspect that it is in the sychronization of streams and multiple session flows.  Typical of MS examples.  Under commented to say the least.  Help essentially unavailable.
    Sunday, November 29, 2009 1:00 AM
  • Unfortunately this sample is not production quality as made apparent by some of the comments

//
          // A new flow arrives before we finish processing an earlier flow. Production
          // code should create 1:1 between streamEditor and flow to handle this
          // condition. See the "MSN Monitor sample" for how that can be implemented.
          //

To handle concurrent flows, you will need to maintain states in a flow context data structure just like the MSN Monitor sample.

We have plans to improve and update these samples.

thanks,
    Biao.W.

Monday, November 30, 2009 8:18 PM