Getting Accelerometer Sensor Data Lower Than Minimum Report Interval RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    I have a Surface Pro 3 tablet and I am using its accelerometer and gyrometer sensors for an application. According to Sensor Diagnostic Tool, both sensors have 16 milliseconds minimum report interval. However, my problem is, the application I am working on requires at least 100 Hz IMU data. I somehow need to access IMU data at a rate of 100 Hz (if possible higher rates around 150-200 Hz works even better). I know that the Sensors API doesn't allow me to do that because setting a lower report interval in my code throws an exception. What I was wondering was is there a way to directly access the sensor chip via I2C communication and acquire data this way. Is it safe? Does this method require extra calibration? "Integrating Motion and Orientation Sensors with Windows" paper states about the accelerometer sensor;
    Sampling rates (hardware)
    ·         Minimum: 100 Hz
    ·         Optimal: 200+ Hz
    Note that this frequency indicates hardware sampling rate capability. Data from motion/orientation sensors (including accelerometers) should be filtered based on time (report interval) and magnitude (change sensitivity).    
    Could you direct me to the datasheet of the integrated sensor and tell me if that is possible? I am using Visual Studio 2019 IDE, C++ language for development. My Windows version is Windows 10 1803 build 17134.
    Best regards,
    Gökberk Gül
    Monday, September 7, 2020 3:35 PM