none
IMAP completed email and attachments download event RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My Outlook add-in (C++) processes received email attachments as they are received, which works fine for POP3 accounts, but doesn't work with IMAP accounts because I only receive the email header with the events I use (I tried the events NewMailEx, and ItemLoad events for the interface _Application I also tried the events Read and BeforeAttachmentRead for the interface _MailItem). I am looking for the appropriate event that is fired just after an IMAP email is completely downloaded including attachments, but before the attachment is opened by the user. I don't want to force the download of attachments, I just want to be able to know when a new email with attachments is accessable, which will probably happen when the user reads it.

Note: It's important that I am able to access the attachment before the user opens it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Monday, February 13, 2012 6:31 PM

All replies

• As soon as you access an IMAP MailItem object through the Outlook Object Model, it will be downloaded.

Is this not what you are seeing?

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.2 is now available!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 3:14 AM
  • No, accessing the IMAP MailItem doesn't download the attachments, I'm using Outlook 2010.
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 7:32 AM