none
XML format - remember only data, no design (of Gantt diagram) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We use MSP 2003 via ODBC and send changes of tasks from our application. We want to upgrade it to MSP 2010. But there is no way to use ODBC.

There is another format we can use - XML. But it looks that in XML contain only pure data. User can change design of Gantt diagram (color of tasks, visibility and color of project start and end, etc.) in ODBC , save project, load it back and design is ok.
    When I change design, save project as XML and load it back, design is reset back to standart. Is there any way how save design of Gantt diagram in XML file too?

Friday, January 20, 2012 1:52 PM

All replies

• Must confess, I thought xml did save Gantt Chart format. I tried to save a project with a custom View and the details weren't saved.

However, you can keep custome Views etc in teh Global.mpt file from were they are available to all open projects. Using multiple Views and tables is a very productive way to manage you reports etc. Use File, Orgaizer to copy Views, Tables etc to teh Global file.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management
    Saturday, January 21, 2012 4:28 AM
  • I know that I can use organizer for saving custome views to global.mpt. I am trying to keep another function. For user of our software is custom to rearrange his project himself. I want to find mechanism how keep user specific settings.
    Monday, January 23, 2012 8:46 AM