[UWP]Auto update app without publishing into store. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am working on UWP app which would not be publish onto store. But I need to auto update my Uwp app on like button click. 

Possibilities if yes then how-

1. Can I do it from same  UWP app on button click or in background task. 

2. Can I do it from console app. 

3. Can I run .appxbundle file from command prompt and command can I execute from console or uwp app.

4. Any other way?? 

Please suggest me or if not possible then give me link where it's mentioned.

Thanks 

Sandeep

sandeep chauhan

Friday, October 19, 2018 4:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Currently, there is a way for sideload apps to update themselves automatically. There are new features of App Installer is that you can enable also auto updates. Not via a button click or other human operation. First you need to config an App Installer file that contains the app version information. The app will check the app's version when it is launching. If there are new packages, it will update automatically. But this feature also requires Visual Studio 2017 15.7 and RS4 windows 10 version 17134 or higher.You could refer Enabling auto updates section of Handling auto updates for sideloaded UWP and Desktop Bridge apps for more information.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 22, 2018 7:15 AM