HTML client: Search screen sample RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, say I have 4 textbox controls for filtering purposes on the screen (first, last name, city etc). All of them are optional parameters bound to the query

When I enter a value in one of them and then leave the control the list/tile below is filtered immediately.

I want to disable this auto filter behavior, by adding a "Filter" button to the screen, which checks that at least one parameter has been entered and after then actually filters the list/tile.

Could you please provide a sample?

Thanks

Monday, May 6, 2013 8:53 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I tried a number of approaches, but unfortunately the only clean solution I can think of for your scenario is to create two separate screens:

1. The search screen that has all the filter text boxes and the search button.
    2. The result screen that displays the items matching the filters.
    3. The search button will invoke screen (2) with the parameters on screen (1).

Here's a sample project for Northwind Customers, filter by Country and City. Try "USA/Seattle" or "France/Paris". http://sdrv.ms/12czqTR

The current issue in HTML Runtime is our change notifications are fired very eagerly and we don't have delay mechanism on parameterized query. I will add this issue to our planning for the next release.

Best regards,
    Huy

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, June 4, 2013 3:17 AM
    Tuesday, May 7, 2013 2:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I tried a number of approaches, but unfortunately the only clean solution I can think of for your scenario is to create two separate screens:

1. The search screen that has all the filter text boxes and the search button.
    2. The result screen that displays the items matching the filters.
    3. The search button will invoke screen (2) with the parameters on screen (1).

Here's a sample project for Northwind Customers, filter by Country and City. Try "USA/Seattle" or "France/Paris". http://sdrv.ms/12czqTR

The current issue in HTML Runtime is our change notifications are fired very eagerly and we don't have delay mechanism on parameterized query. I will add this issue to our planning for the next release.

Best regards,
    Huy

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, June 4, 2013 3:17 AM
    Tuesday, May 7, 2013 2:38 AM
  • Thank you for your effort on an alternative solution.

Nice to hear, that it may be put into the next release.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 6:47 AM