Deploying a VM RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to Azure and am having some difficulty creating a resource. I hit create resource. Chose compute services, launch a VM. I chose a VM name and Region and I chose the Windows Server Database 2019. After this step is when you choose your VM size. Everything is grayed out for me. Can anyone think of why I am having this problem I decided to choose other regions and tried a different image and still everything is grayed out.
    Saturday, April 4, 2020 2:13 AM

Answers

• Hello Geoffrey Turnbull,

As Marcin mentioned in the previous comment, we are facing capacity issues. Which region are you trying to deploy the VM's?

As a result of the surge in use over the last week, we have experienced significant demand in some regions (Europe North, Europe West, UK South, France Central, Asia East, India South, Brazil South) and are observing deployments for some compute resource types in these regions drop below our typical 99.99 percent success rates.

Although the majority of deployments still succeed, (so we encourage any customers experiencing allocation failures to retry deployments using different VM size/regions), we have a process in place to ensure that customers that encounter repeated issues receive relevant mitigation options. We treat these short-term allocation shortfalls as a service incident and we send targeted updates and mitigation guidance to impacted customers via Azure Service Health—as per our standard process for any known platform issues.

Please refer to this blog for recent update and check Service health on Azure Portal to see information if you are impacted by it.

Also, if you are in a pay as you go subscription, then we encourage you to reach out to support.

Thanks.

Monday, April 6, 2020 1:11 AM

All replies

• That's an ongoing issue due to COVID-19. Do you have a paid subscription? If so, then you should contact Azure support

hth
    Marcin

Saturday, April 4, 2020 10:28 AM
  • Hello Geoffrey Turnbull,

As Marcin mentioned in the previous comment, we are facing capacity issues. Which region are you trying to deploy the VM's?

As a result of the surge in use over the last week, we have experienced significant demand in some regions (Europe North, Europe West, UK South, France Central, Asia East, India South, Brazil South) and are observing deployments for some compute resource types in these regions drop below our typical 99.99 percent success rates.

Although the majority of deployments still succeed, (so we encourage any customers experiencing allocation failures to retry deployments using different VM size/regions), we have a process in place to ensure that customers that encounter repeated issues receive relevant mitigation options. We treat these short-term allocation shortfalls as a service incident and we send targeted updates and mitigation guidance to impacted customers via Azure Service Health—as per our standard process for any known platform issues.

Please refer to this blog for recent update and check Service health on Azure Portal to see information if you are impacted by it.

Also, if you are in a pay as you go subscription, then we encourage you to reach out to support.

Thanks.

Monday, April 6, 2020 1:11 AM