none
.NET 2 debug error in the server Application Events Log RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have about 5 customer servers upgraded from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008 R1 32 bit who started experiencing their client apps freezing, affecting all users for 30-60 seconds. After the slowness has stopped each time, I notice that this error appearing in the Application Event Logs always occurring (which doesn't appear on the previous Server 2003 Servers) :-

The description for Event ID 0 from source .NET Runtime cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

.NET Runtime version : 2.0.50727.4253 - No debugger found.No registered JIT debugger was specified. 

Click on Retry to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually.
    Click on Cancel to abort the JIT debug request.

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

I have ran the .Net Verification and Repair Tool but this application error still occurs. The 2008 Servers have .Net 1.1, 3.5 SP1 and 4.5.2 installed - the .Net versions have also bee uninstalled and reinstalled but this is still a problem. The 2003 Servers had .Net 2 SP2, 3.0 SP2 and .Net 3.5 SP1 installed. I've done some reading up to find that the .Net versions installed on 2008 Server should include the older versions as well.

The 2008 servers are mainly used to run MS SQL 2008 which ties in with COM+ objects to host several client apps (written in a legacy language called Delphi) and also has Symantec AV installed plus nearly a dozen other 3rd Party apps. Any one of the apps could be causing the issue possibly although I suspect my own app is causing which is written in a legacy language called Delphi.

Can anyone help advise how to take this issue further? I don't know if this is relevant but I don't have Visual Studio installed on the server if this is the reason for the error or lack of error details.

Kind Regards

Matthew 

• Edited by 999csharp Monday, October 10, 2016 9:09 AM
    Monday, October 10, 2016 8:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Matthew,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Did you make any changes to the computer after upgrading from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008 R1 32 bit?

Firstly, you could check if issue persists in clean boot.

Please have a try with the following steps:

1. From Start, search for msconfig.
    2. Select System Configuration from the search results.
    3. On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Disable all.
    4. Click the Startup tab, click Disable All and click OK.
    5. When you are prompted, click Restart.
    6. Restart your computer. When the “System Configuration Utility” window appears, please check the box and click “OK” and try logging on.

After the computer restart in clean boot, you need to check if the error will occur.

If the error message does not occur in clean boot, your problem is related to a program or a service which automatically run when your computer boots up. You can follow the steps here to find the program: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/kb/331796

Best regards,

Joyce

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 2:56 AM
  • Hi Joyce

This is a very useful way of looking at the issue. I should have mentioned that my customers are in the Health industry to see patients so cannot afford the down-time to be able to follow your suggestion. I have noticed though, that the issue never happens at the weekend and that a dw20.exe (MS Error Reporting) also occurs which is presumably is what is slowing the system down. I've now disabled error reporting so at least the users can carry on now :-

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/841477

If you or anyone has any more good suggestions please add to this discussion.

Kind Regards

Matthew

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 3:23 PM
  • Hi Matthew,

Dw20.exe collects information automatically whenever an Office program stops responding, .NET Framework is reporting the issue for you but it may not be the cause, so the issue may be caused by the office program on your computer. Although you have disable the Application Error Reporting tool, I recommend you could go to Microsoft community to get professional support to solve the problem completely, sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Joyce

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 2:35 AM
  • Hi Joyce

The link you sent me does not cover Window Server (2008) so I don't think I'll get any luck by posting there again.

I posted my query here berfore and was advised to post it here :-

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/50a230fd-4a58-4aad-9ad1-1276df696cde/net-runtime-version-20507274253-no-debugger-foundno-registered-jit-debugger-was-specified-on?forum=winservergen

I think what really needs to happen is for a dump to be captured and sent to Microsoft Support but a dump is not created for some reason to analyse.

Kind Regards

Matthew

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 1:05 PM
  • Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your update.

Please have a look at the thread, the last reply from EmeraldAria.

He solved his problem by deleting Microsoft Office Communicator, I suggest that you could pay attention to Office program on your pc. Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Joyce

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 10:09 AM
  • Hi Joyce

The issue affects Server 2008 where there is only one MS Office App installed which is Outlook 2002 but even then this is only load for 5 minutes a day and the errors do not occur at the same time.

Also Microsoft Office Communicator is not installed on the Server so I don't think that will be the problem. I'm trying to disable Microsoft Error Reporting as that should at least stop the server freezing up. Please contribute if you can help with this :-

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/0209a3cb-8dcb-4730-91ff-064586caf04e/changing-group-policy-to-disable-automatic-microsoft-error-reporting?forum=winservergen

Kind Regards

Matthew

• Edited by 999csharp Thursday, October 20, 2016 1:43 PM
    Thursday, October 13, 2016 3:01 PM
  • Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your update.

We all try to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, October 17, 2016 9:35 AM