none
Please help with a subroutine to eliminate multiple spaces and replace smart quotes with straight quotes for PowerPoint 2007. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Can any one help me with a Powerpoint 2007 VBA Sub routine to perform two things namley:

1). Eliminiate Multiple Spaces and

2). Replace smart quotes with straight quotes i.e:

--Replace Left Double Quotation Mark with Quotation Mark
    --Replace Right Double Quotation Mark with Quotation Mark
    --Replace Left Single Quotation Mark with Quotation Mark
    --Replace Right Single Quotation Mark with Quotation Mark

Jasmine

• Changed type mejasmine31 Tuesday, February 7, 2012 9:24 AM Not getting any replies
    • Changed type mejasmine31 Tuesday, February 7, 2012 9:24 AM Not getting any replies
    • Edited by mejasmine31 Tuesday, February 7, 2012 9:29 AM
    • Changed type mejasmine31 Sunday, February 12, 2012 3:33 PM
    Saturday, February 4, 2012 8:08 AM

All replies

• as an observation from the side, your code calls two sub routines that you did not include in your listing (DoFindandReplace and EliminateMultipleSpaces). They're the ones that do your real work.

al

If this answer solves your problem, please check Mark as Answered. If this answer helps, please click the Vote as Helpful button. Al Edlund Visio MVP
    Saturday, February 4, 2012 2:30 PM
  •  

Yes exactly there are two sub routines but i will make a common form by the name Find and replace in powerpoint for these two sub routines, just like i have in word.

But the problem is the coding. The above one is for MsWord. I want the 'FindandReplace' and 'EliminateMultiplespaces' macro for powerpoint 2007.

Also, I dont know how to put the Addin for the same in PowerPoint 2007

Please help.

Jasmine
    Saturday, February 4, 2012 4:32 PM
  • Hi Jasmine

No one can give you the macro code for PowerPoint if you don't show the macro code for Word. We have no idea what FindandReplace or EliminateMultipleSpaces actually do. We can only infer, from their names.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Saturday, February 4, 2012 4:45 PM
  • Are you saying you want to have somebody create 'new code' for these routine names? It's obvious that without it the code you supplied never worked (and obviously would have failed if OPTION Explicit had been defined).

al

If this answer solves your problem, please check Mark as Answered. If this answer helps, please click the Vote as Helpful button. Al Edlund Visio MVP
    Sunday, February 5, 2012 2:15 PM
  • Hi Al,

Yes I want some to create a PowerPoint 2007 code for converting smart quotes to straight quotes and to eliminate multiple spaces.

The above code is what i have in Msword it does the same thing i.e., replaces smart quotes with straight quotes and eliminates multiple spaces.

Jasmine

Jasmine
    • Edited by mejasmine31 Sunday, February 5, 2012 2:32 PM
    Sunday, February 5, 2012 2:32 PM