How to configure Digital Signatures? RRS feed

• Question

• How can I set it up so I can use Digital Signatures in InfoPath 2010?

Thursday, November 5, 2015 6:44 PM

Answers

• I found out if I create a new InfoPath form using the SharePoint Form Library and then the Digital Signature is available.

Thank you Microsoft!

• Marked as answer by davidlcrooks Tuesday, November 10, 2015 6:05 PM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 6:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As I understand, you want to configure digital signatures in InfoPath 2010.

If you apply the digital signature, it requires a digital certificate. Digital signatures can be applied to InfoPath forms and to the InfoPath form templates.

If you apply the digital signatures to the InfoPath form, you could configure a section control in the form to apply a digital signature is through the section properties dialog.

You could select the section control ->the Properties tab->digital signatures tab->Check the Allow users to digitally sign this section check box.

Then you could add the Signature Line control in the form.

If you apply the digital signature to the InfoPath form templates, you could go to file tab->form options->digital signatures->check the Sign this form template check box-> select the certificate.

For more detailed information, you could refer to the articles below.

The article below is about Digital Signatures in InfoPath 2010.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Digital-Signatures-in-InfoPath-2010-8a03da0b-31c7-4c47-b78d-56c237c9c373?CorrelationId=3f4428db-e1ba-4277-ae0e-a3466d0a7cc3&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

The article below is about Digital Signature Support in InfoPath 2010.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/infopath/archive/2010/02/18/digital-signature-support-in-infopath-2010.aspx

Best regards,

Sara Fan

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 6, 2015 6:18 AM
  • The issue I have is that when I go to Section Properties, I do NOT have a tab for Digital Signatures.

Any idea how to activate the Digital Signature?

Friday, November 6, 2015 1:41 PM
  • Hi,

As I understand, there is no digital signatures tab in the section properties in InfoPath 2010.

For troubleshooting the issue, you could create a new blank form and go to enable the digital signatures in the form options. You could go to file->form options->digital signatures->allow signing parts of the form.

More reference:

The article below is about the case of the missing digital signatures tab.

http://blog.didierstevens.com/2008/01/11/the-case-of-the-missing-digital-signatures-tab/

Best regards,

Sara Fan

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 9, 2015 2:36 AM
  • I found out if I create a new InfoPath form using the SharePoint Form Library and then the Digital Signature is available.

Thank you Microsoft!

• Marked as answer by davidlcrooks Tuesday, November 10, 2015 6:05 PM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 6:05 PM