installation RRS feed

• Question

• User1603751176 posted

This may be a stupid question, but how do I run this in VS .NET 2008? I can't seem to open the project. It says that it can't dins the Website when I try to open it up.

Thank for your help.

-- Nik

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 7:49 AM

All replies

• User-125547262 posted

I assume its a asp.net 2.0 project. Try upgrading it.. it should be fine If you decide to still target the 2.0 framework the only change will be in the solution file

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 8:12 AM
  • User1603751176 posted
    I am not sure as I can't get the project opened at all. It is what comes in the ZIP file that I am intersted in correct? When I run the download it unzips to my projects in ZIP format. Perhaps I am missing some other steps in the process. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks, Nik
    Tuesday, March 4, 2008 11:21 AM
  • User555306248 posted

1) in VWD create a new Web Site and point it directly to your IIS local web server call it TimeTracker e.g. http://localhost/TimeTracker (since I have problem getting VWD web server to work using the Beta release) this step will create a web site on your local IIS, you can do this manually too.
    2) Unzip the file downloaded into the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TimeTracker and overwrite any files there.
    3) Launch the site in IE e.g. http://localhost/TimeTracker/Default.aspx

Check in web.config for connectionString, configure it according to your server name, password etc.

In Time Tracking System, it uses inbuild Membership classes for user creation, updation etc..

You have to register your DB with ASP.NET Membership classes by executing the command line utility in VS prompt

aspnet_regsql, it will open one window, where you  have to configure DB.

Hope it will help you, let me know.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 10:33 PM
  • User555306248 posted

Have you solved you problem

What is the status

Monday, March 17, 2008 11:19 PM
  • User555306248 posted

The solution I provided to you, have you tried that one

In VS 2008 try to cretae Web site under framework 2.0

& see whether u able to run it

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 11:27 PM