none
Report Design issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

Although I'm not too familiar with the report designer in Visual Studio, I've been asked to modify one of my company's reports anyway. This is not going as smoothly as I hoped. It's an .rdlc file, which I edit with VS 2013 Premium.

1. The orientation should be landscape instead of portrait. I have accomplished this; however the font now displays "stretched", which is very strange. See below:

How can I get the font to display normally? Resizing the the width of report's elements such as the header rectangle and the tables doesn't affect the font display.

2. In the above picture, the space between the two tables is too big: it should be as small as the space between the header and the first table. I have tried to modify the Height of list1_Contents (see screendump below), the Height of the Tablix it contains, and the Height of the Body, all to no avail. The old values return as soon as I leave the Size property box in the Properties grid. Modifying the XML amounts to the same.

How can I decrease the space between the tables?

3. The below screendump displays the subreport in design view. I have added the fifth column, which must remain empty; this column can be used to write remarks in. However, the column should display a header "Aantekeningen" ("Remarks") and I can't get that right either. The dataset maps to a class BedInfo; I have pasted the code that provides the headers in the screendump. 'Algemeen.Aantekeningen' provides the string "Aantekeningen". I can't choose "Aantekeningen" from the dataset, however, whereas I can choose every other property. How come?

4. Last but not least: there's an extra empty page at the end of the report. How can I get rid of that?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
    Cooz 

Monday, December 19, 2016 8:34 AM