Why is the DataServiceConfiguration.AnnotationsBuilder delegate called on all requests? RRS feed

• Question

• I would expect that the DataServiceConfiguration.AnnotationsBuilder eventhandler only got called on $metadata requests.

Any reason for this?

(I have a custom DS provider implementation)

Regards

Uffe

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 6:20 AM

Answers

• Hi Uffe,

Thanks for the question. This is actually the intention. The delegate is supposed to be called only when there is a metadata request. We may have a bug about requests where metadata is actually created; we will have a deeper look and see if we can fix in upcoming iterations.

The actualy merging of annotations with the underlying model should not be a big performance hit but however, in the meantime to work this around you can check in the annotations delegate whether the request is for $metadata and only execute the annotations code if this is the case.

Thanks,

Turker

• Marked as answer by Uffe Lauesen Tuesday, May 29, 2012 1:59 PM
    Friday, May 25, 2012 11:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Uffe Lauesen,

Welcome to MSDN Forum.

We will do some more pending research about your problem and come back as soon as possible, thanks for understanding!

Have a nice day!

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, May 10, 2012 7:29 AM
  • Hi Uffe,

Thanks for the question. This is actually the intention. The delegate is supposed to be called only when there is a metadata request. We may have a bug about requests where metadata is actually created; we will have a deeper look and see if we can fix in upcoming iterations.

The actualy merging of annotations with the underlying model should not be a big performance hit but however, in the meantime to work this around you can check in the annotations delegate whether the request is for $metadata and only execute the annotations code if this is the case.

Thanks,

Turker

• Marked as answer by Uffe Lauesen Tuesday, May 29, 2012 1:59 PM
    Friday, May 25, 2012 11:56 PM
  • Thanks Turker,

Yes in my delegate I am checking the request to se if it is a $metadata request before i do my processing. I just wanted to notify you of the issue and see if there were something that I had missed.

Thanks for confirming and looking into the issue.

Regards

Uffe

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 1:59 PM