Azure Blob Download Task RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using Azure Blob Download task to download multiple files from a container on my Blob storage. It works fine when I download one file. However when the container contains multiple files it downloads the first file and keeps on running indefinitely without downloading any of the other files. It creates the names of the others files but they are all 0 kb in length.

• Moved by Eric__Zhang Friday, October 28, 2016 6:40 AM move to a proper forum for better result.
    Thursday, October 27, 2016 6:35 AM

Answers

• Hi HemantSippy,

I can reproduce that behavior. The task keeps spinning and the files are 0 kb except the first one.

As a workaround, instead of that task, maybe use a script task to download, check download blobs.

For better result, I'm moving this question to a proper forum, thanks for your understanding.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 28, 2016 6:40 AM
  • Hi,

As a work around I have used AzCopy. If you use the /S option it recursively copies all the files.

Regards,

Hemant

Friday, October 28, 2016 1:25 PM
  • Actually, what I meant was I am using SSIS Execute Process Task and called the AzCopy.exe from the same. AzCopy.exe is available as a free download at https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/storage-use-azcopy/

Friday, October 28, 2016 3:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I can hardly see the image on the left. And

How would I be able to reproduce this?

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Thursday, October 27, 2016 1:14 PM
  • Hi HemantSippy,

I can reproduce that behavior. The task keeps spinning and the files are 0 kb except the first one.

As a workaround, instead of that task, maybe use a script task to download, check download blobs.

For better result, I'm moving this question to a proper forum, thanks for your understanding.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 28, 2016 6:40 AM
  • Hi,

I also have this issue, please can you tell me where you moved this question.

Regards

dpoleon

Friday, October 28, 2016 11:05 AM
  • Hi,

As a work around I have used AzCopy. If you use the /S option it recursively copies all the files.

Regards,

Hemant

Friday, October 28, 2016 1:25 PM
  • Thanks for the quick response, were you able to use AzCopy in a script task, if so, how?

dpoleon

Friday, October 28, 2016 1:31 PM
  • Yes, I was able to use the AzCopy Script Task.

Set Executable in Process Task as shown below

Friday, October 28, 2016 1:48 PM
  • Hi, where do I get the AzCopy Script task, I am using Visual Studio 2012?

dpoleon

Friday, October 28, 2016 3:21 PM
  • Actually, what I meant was I am using SSIS Execute Process Task and called the AzCopy.exe from the same. AzCopy.exe is available as a free download at https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/storage-use-azcopy/

Friday, October 28, 2016 3:43 PM
  • Thank you I will give it a go!

dpoleon

Friday, October 28, 2016 6:16 PM