Can't Create OLEDB Connection to DB2 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1889818536 posted

My working setup consists of Windows XP, VS2008, & IBM DB2 Connect PE (v8.1.13.193).  I have working code that can create a new OLEDB connection like so:

Private Shared Function GetDbConnString() As String
                Return Current.Session("ConnectionString")
            End Function

Private OpenConnection As OleDbConnection = Nothing
            Private Sub ConnectionOpen()
                If (Me.OpenConnection Is Nothing) Then
                    Me.OpenConnection = New OleDbConnection(GetDbConnString)
                    Me.OpenConnection.Open()
                End If
            End Sub

I received a new system with Windows 7 preinstalled.  I installed VS2008 & IBM DB2 Connect PE (v8.1.18.980) and I can't create an OLEDB connection while testing the connection in Configuration Assistant or create a new OLEDB connection in VS2008's Server Explorer->Data Connections or the previously working code no longer opens the connection.  I believe it is permissions related somehow, but am struggling what to do as I'm new to Windows 7.

With IBM's Configuration Assistant, I select an existing datasource, right click and chose Test Connection, then I uncheck CLI, check OLEDB, enter user & password, then click Test Connection.  I get a window saying, "Java Launcher has stopped working" then I click the Debug button.  It attempts to open the exception in the java debugger in VS2008 and I get the following message "Unhandled exception at 0x6c033493 in javaw.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x000000b2."  No help there.

In VS2008, I go to Server Explorer->Data Connections->Add Connection.  I change the data source to <other> & the data provider to ".Net Framework Data Provider for OLE DB then click OK.  I set OLE DB Provider = "IBM OLE DB Provider for DB2". I click on Data Links, choose Existing Datasource = TEST.  Then I enter user name & password & click Test Connection button & nothing happens whatsoever so I click OK.  Then I click the Test Connection button on the Add Connection screen and I get the following error "No error message available, result code: E_UNEXPECTED (0x8000FFFF).  I then click the OK button and get this message "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt".

Here's a screen shot of the runtime error I receive when running previously existing & working code on the new system.  This code still runs just fine on my older system.

Runtime Error

I've really been struggling with this for 2 weeks now, so any help would be great!

Thanks,

Rob

Monday, June 27, 2011 2:58 PM

Answers

• User-1694870838 posted

Hi,

Please check your connection string ,the issue show that you can't connect your database.

Best Regards,

Damon

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, July 3, 2011 10:16 PM