none
Access issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have an MS Access database that is very simple. I went to log in today and have an "The Microsoft Access database engine could not find the object 'Databases'. Make sure the object exists and that you spill it's name and the path name correctly. If 'Databases' is not a local object, check your network connection or contact the server administrator" error message. Any suggestions.
    Monday, October 30, 2017 9:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Pamela,

Did you have a good recent backup of your database just in case it was corrupted and can't be recovered?

Monday, October 30, 2017 9:39 PM
  • Hello,

It seems your database is broken. If you do not have backups, you may try to create a new database and then import Objects from existing database. Please follow Import database objects into the current Access database

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 7:18 AM
  • You didn't say what version you are using and I don't know what you mean by "log in", but can you open the database file by using Shift+Enter keys. This will by-pass any code or macros used when opening the file. If you can, then you can check the table connections.
    Wednesday, November 1, 2017 1:22 PM