I Have a Problem Login into my Application RRS feed

• Question

• I published my lightswitch app, and i execute this batch to install my db.

sqlcmd.exe -i Geo.sql -S .\SQLExpresspause

Then i execute the file named "setup.exe" but i tried to log in into my app and this appear

I dont know what im doing wrong :c , can anyone help me with my problem?, thanks a lot guys, have a good day :)

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 9:53 PM

Answers

• Hello

Although you havent given us much to go on, it sounds as if you have missed out a couple of steps.

When you published the app, you should have seen there was an Install.htm file that was created also with the instructions to follow. As you have a login to your application you needed to follow on from Step 4. Below is the text from the file.

Note: The following step is only necessary if your application uses authentication.

5.    If in the Publish wizard you chose to deploy a database script, you need to provide the default
    administrator login after deploying the app, using the Security Admin tool. The tool SecurityAdmin.exe, can be found under <program Files(x86)="">\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\LightSwitch\1.0\Tools\Microsoft.LightSwitch.SecurityAdmin.exe   </program>

a.     To run the tool, open a command prompt and navigate to path for the tool, then
    type:
    Microsoft.LightSwitch.SecurityAdmin.exe /createadmin /user:domainname\username /fullname:user'sfullname /config:pathtowebconfig

Replace the italicized values with the Username, Fullname, and full path to the deployed web.config file for the deployed app. You must also include web.config in the
    path.

b.     For Windows authentication, no password is required. For Forms authentication, you must also include the password:

Microsoft.LightSwitch.SecurityAdmin.exe /createadmin /user:username /password:password /fullname:user'sfullname /config:pathtowebconfig

Replace the italicized values with the Username, Password, Fullname, and full path to the deployed web.config file for the deployed app. You must also include web.config
    in the path.

<quote>HTH</quote>

If you found this post helpful, please mark it as helpful. If by some chance I answered the question, please mark the question as answered. That way you will help more people like me :)

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, June 4, 2013 3:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by NESTicle 8Bit Tuesday, June 4, 2013 2:30 PM
    Wednesday, May 8, 2013 10:26 AM