How to test how my app responds when loc services is off (w/ only the emulator) RRS feed

• General discussion

• I've been rejected for having the app hang when location services is turned off. To simulate this during local development I would usually turn to a physical device but I only had one for 6 days before I had to return it. My question is this - can I duplicate this with just the emulator? And secondly how can I tell in the app if loc services is off to warn the user (and not hang the app)?

While the device location service is turned off, the application can reach a state where it hangs indefinitely, failing to return the user to an active window. Steps to reproduce: 1. Ensure the devices location services are disabled.

2. Launch the application. 3. Select a movie from the displayed list. 4. Select "find". 5. Select "use current GPS location. 6. In the dialog window, select "ok". 7. Select "use current GPS location". 8. Observe the application hangs indefinitely without a means of returning to the application.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 9:32 PM