Adding users to Valid Users or Licensed Users group RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently installed the TFS trial on a server at work (after realizing that the workgroup edition of TFS wouldn't work for us), and have unsuccessfully tried to add users to either the Valid Users or Licensed Users group using the command line tool.  I have to use the command line tool because the client comps are on a different domain, which cannot access the active directory of the domain with TFS on it.  When I try to add the users manually via the command line tool, to lets say the Valid Users group, I get an error message statsing that the Valid Users group cannot be modified directly.  Then when I try to add users to the Licensed Users group, I get an error message saying that I can only add a single Windows user at a time.  Is there any way to add an entire group of people at once in the trial version?

Thanks,

-Ed

Monday, July 10, 2006 4:15 PM

Answers

• Ok, for right now, I just created another group in the TFS heirarchy, and then added the domain users to that group.  When I did that via the command line tool, it automatically added the new TFS group to the Valid Users list.
    Monday, July 10, 2006 4:32 PM