none
Exchange Server 2010 Build RRS feed

• Question

• I am running exchange server10 with below Build, as Microsoft has launched roll up 1 and 2 , do we need to run the roll ups

as currently we are not facing any issue listed in roll ups 14.3.146.0 and 14.3.158.1 

Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 SP3 14.3.123.4

Advice please

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 5:58 AM

Answers

• Indeed a problem might come later.

Honestly I think you should install them now because they've been published months ago and have really solved problems for a lot of customers.

Now don't hurry to install a rollups when it's just published, wait a bit and see if people are reporting problems before installing them.

Regards,

• Marked as answer by Faamin Tuesday, March 18, 2014 4:06 AM
    Wednesday, November 6, 2013 10:16 AM

All replies

• rollup are published to resolve particular problems customers might encounter or add new features.

If you do not meet any of the problems listed in the rollups overviews, you're absolutely not obliged to install them.

Now consider that it's not because you don't see or feel any problem or bug in your exchange organization that they're not present.

Also consider that it takes some time to install them and that you might impact the productivity in your site.

Regards,

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 9:18 AM
  • but problem might come in future if it is not experienced at the moment..like one of the problem listed in roll up "IOS 6.1 and 6.2 can disturb cpu utilization of Server in activesyn connections..

wht do u say.. should we wait for the issue raise or we have to install them

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 9:47 AM
  • Indeed a problem might come later.

Honestly I think you should install them now because they've been published months ago and have really solved problems for a lot of customers.

Now don't hurry to install a rollups when it's just published, wait a bit and see if people are reporting problems before installing them.

Regards,

• Marked as answer by Faamin Tuesday, March 18, 2014 4:06 AM
    Wednesday, November 6, 2013 10:16 AM
  • does any body experienced any issue wid Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 SP3 14.3.123.4, ?

• Edited by Faamin Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:36 PM
    Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:33 PM
  • Hi Faamin, one of my customers that I did the architecture and design is running Exchange 2010 SP3 RU2 and no issues so far. It was a transition from Exchange 2007 SP3 to Exchange 2010 SP3 RU2, the latest and greatest version for 2010.

As Alex mentioned, you have to wait until a rollup or SP has been installed by several customers and watch for issues that are reported on that and act accordingly. SP3 RU2 has been stable since some time and I think you can go ahead. Also a best practice, if you have a lab, please install the RU on the lab and see how your 3rd party apps interact with Exchange 2010 SP3 RU2. After all - every organization and setup is unique.

All the best!

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Regards, Siva

Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:01 PM