none
Adding .NET 2.0 Framework to my installer RRS feed

• Question

• I have an installer that I can't seem to bundle the .NET 2.0 framework with.  I followed the directions at:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa480239.aspx

However, under the heading "Alternatively to create the setup package for an existing project", I can't follow these instructions. I don't see any Publish tab.

Right now my installer redirects the user to the Microsoft website to manually download and install the framework.  My client says this is unacceptable and it needs to be one easy setup.

What I would like is one setup.msi file with the dotnetfx.exe file embedded in it.  If the user doesn't have the framework installed, the msi will launch dotnetfx.exe and automatically install it for them.

Help!

Monday, November 12, 2007 5:28 PM

Answers

• Hi BigHands,

To solve this issue, open the Prerequisites Dialog Box, select .net framework 2.0, set as “Download prerequisites from the same location as my application”, to specifies that the prerequisite components are installed from the same location as the application. This copies all the prerequisite packages to the publish location. For this option to work, the prerequisite packages must be on the development computer.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 3:53 AM