none
using data adapter table in VS 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• I am modifying a C#.net 2008 desktop application, and I have the following questions about using the designer when working with data adapter tables designer.

**Note: what I am working on is having a production database change. I am going to use the same desktop application. I just need to change tables and/or columns when it is appropriate.

1. In one table adpate, a new table is going to replace the orginal table.  The table names are different and the column names are different, but the two tables basically contain the same data. I want to use the same table adpter, but point to the new table. The designer will not let me remove all columns from the original table. Thus, I would like to know what you suggest I do.

2. One main table is being broken up into 5 tables since the original table  contained so many columns. Thus my plan is to  join all the new tables together into one tableadapter (the original way).  Basically I will use the one original data adapter, to limit the amount of code changes I will have. Thus,is this a good idea? How would you accomplish this task?

• Moved by lucy-liuModerator Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:50 AM it is related to dataset (From:Visual Studio Editor)
    Sunday, July 17, 2011 9:56 PM

Answers

• Hi jazzdog,

I am moving this thread from “Visual Studio Editor" forum to the “ADO.NET DataSet ” forum.

since the issue is related to DataSet .There are more experts in the “ADO.NET DataSet " forum.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,

Lucy

Lucy Liu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by jazzdog Thursday, July 21, 2011 4:06 AM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:50 AM