Modularizing Content RRS feed

• Question

• User2131314804 posted

I'm looking for some decent documentation/design concepts/practices to modularize the content loaded based on a user's access to my site.  I've downloaded and am preparing to run through the source from DNN to see if their model might help.  I haven't tried this sort of thing before, but would prefer to break my site apart in this way.

As each of the pieces of the whole will fit into the new design, I see it conceptually as quite similar to the master/content page relationship, though in this case the 'master page' would simply be filled by the content 'modules' based on a user's permission role.

Anything as simple as a decent google search string would be useful in that I could start doing some research/proof of concept studies.

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:47 PM

Answers

• User2131314804 posted

I have been looking at things such as the WCSF and the MEF for solutions to this issue.  So far, using MEF in an MVC site has come the closest. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 8:14 PM

All replies

• User-389939489 posted

Jackson-Shredder:

> quite similar to the master/content page relationship

To me it rather sounds like a page/controls relationship. Maybe look also for web page parts. Controls can be loaded dynamically from the page...

HTH,

-LV

Friday, October 1, 2010 7:30 AM
  • User2131314804 posted

I have been looking at things such as the WCSF and the MEF for solutions to this issue.  So far, using MEF in an MVC site has come the closest. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 8:14 PM