none
Update etc commands not created (single table!) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - Can anyone point me towards somewhere that spells out exactly when the Update etc commands don't get created by the tableadapter configuration wizard?  I'm only trying to use one table (no JOINS), but the column names do have plenty of spaces in (I didn't create them!)  - does that cause the non-creation of those commands?  If not, what else could be causing it?

Thanks v much,

Graham Rounce

Monday, July 16, 2007 6:34 PM

Answers

• Hello Graham,

If the wizard cannot determine uniqueness for individual records the update commands will not be generated (for example, if the table doesn't have a primary key).

If that doesn't point you in the right direction you can post the SELECT statement used to fill and we can take a look at it.

Hope that helps....

Monday, July 16, 2007 8:20 PM

All replies

• Hello Graham,

If the wizard cannot determine uniqueness for individual records the update commands will not be generated (for example, if the table doesn't have a primary key).

If that doesn't point you in the right direction you can post the SELECT statement used to fill and we can take a look at it.

Hope that helps....

Monday, July 16, 2007 8:20 PM
  • Yes - not only was there no primary key specified, there wasn't even an id column to make into one!   Q: Why didn't I notice that? A: I suppose sometimes the bits of old knowledge get buried under the avalanche of new stuff!

Thank-you,

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 8:04 AM