There is no package called MicrosoftR RRS feed

• Question

• I tried loading in the following library on an execute R script set to Microsoft R Open 3.2.2.  I assumed the R Open scripts would have built in support for R Open libraries. 

library(MicrosoftR)

When that did not work I went to my local folder 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft\R Client\R_SERVER\library', right-clicked on the MicrosoftR folder and zipped it.  I then zipped the zip folder and uploaded it under datasets dragging it onto my canvas and connecting it to my R script.  I updated the code on my R script to

install.packages("src/MicrosoftRPackage/MicrosoftR.zip", lib = ".", repos = NULL, verbose = TRUE)
    library(MicrosoftR, lib.loc=".", verbose=TRUE))

Which gave the following error

Error 0063: The following error occurred during evaluation of R script:
    ---------- Start of error message from R ----------
    zip file 'src/MicrosoftRPackage/MicrosoftR.zip' not found

Any thoughts?

• Edited by NHA Bot Thursday, November 2, 2017 5:47 PM
    Thursday, November 2, 2017 5:47 PM

All replies

• Hello!

The immediate error appears to be an issue with the path provided (you can diagnose this by clicking on View Output Log for the failed module and looking at the relative paths in the stdout where we've unzipped files in the Zip file).

However, it would be helpful to understand what packages you're interested in from the MicrosoftR metapackage. AML's R sandbox doesn't support general networking or intra-module parallelism (which is the core of doparallel/foreach, etc) so it may be worth discussing the higher order problem you're trying to solve.

Regards,

AK

• Proposed as answer by Hai Ning Monday, November 6, 2017 7:17 PM
    Thursday, November 2, 2017 8:47 PM