none
run application to create spreedsheet from task error RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a small application in vb.net to export some data from access database and put it in a spreed sheet. I can run the application manually and it works great. I want to put it in a scheduled task so it will run while I am logged off. The problem I have is once I activate the task manually it does start the application but then it runs forever and doesn't complete, I have to manually end the task. I do see an error in the event viewer that states.

The description for Event ID 0 from source MSOIDSVC.EXE cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

I am running Office Pro 2013 and I do not have Microsoft Online Services installed. So I cannot tell why that error comes up only when ran from a task.

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 5:46 PM

Answers

• Problem solved. I thought I was in a protected directory but I was not. Moved to a protected one and it works as originally thought.
    • Marked as answer by sahajin Tuesday, April 7, 2015 6:29 PM
    Tuesday, April 7, 2015 6:29 PM

All replies

• Problem solved. I thought I was in a protected directory but I was not. Moved to a protected one and it works as originally thought.
    • Marked as answer by sahajin Tuesday, April 7, 2015 6:29 PM
    Tuesday, April 7, 2015 6:29 PM
  •  

Hi Sahajin,

I am also getting similar error while generating Word document through VB Script with Windows Task Scheduler. Getting same error in Event Viewer ,kindly can you please guide how did  you managed to solve this issue.

• Edited by Chintanj Tuesday, August 8, 2017 2:22 PM
    Tuesday, August 8, 2017 2:20 PM
  • Since it was so long ago I believe the answer was make the folder protected in word/excel. Its under the security settings
    Tuesday, August 8, 2017 3:02 PM