Compiling for Windows Server 2003 in Windows XP & Windows Vista RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am currently writing a program which is to use RAW sockets on a Windows Server 2003 machine.  I am coding on XP and Vista and can't compile the software as it doesn't like the lines relating to the RAW socket connection.

Is there anything I need to do to tell VC++ 2005 that I want to compile for Windows Server 2003.

I have already set WINVER to 0x0502 btw.
    Monday, November 3, 2008 11:57 AM

Answers

• Raw rockets is gone in Windows XP SP2 and Windows 2003 SP1. As for compiler errors, It is unliky the compiler's fault. Most likely the code/library being compiled is not coded/configurated right. Read your SDk documentation about target platform and conditional declarations.
    MSMVP VC++
    Monday, November 3, 2008 5:47 PM

All replies

• Please don't make us guess what "doesn't like" mean.  Copy and paste any compile errors you get, together with a snippet of the code that generates the error.
    Hans Passant.
    Monday, November 3, 2008 1:49 PM
  • Raw rockets is gone in Windows XP SP2 and Windows 2003 SP1. As for compiler errors, It is unliky the compiler's fault. Most likely the code/library being compiled is not coded/configurated right. Read your SDk documentation about target platform and conditional declarations.
    MSMVP VC++
    Monday, November 3, 2008 5:47 PM