Sharepoint Menu is invisible RRS feed

• Question

• I have a sharepoint site with custom navigation menu and suddenly Menu is invisible at site collection but visible in subsites

Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Friday, November 3, 2017 9:49 PM

All replies

• did you reset your site's master page?

顺其自然地勇往直前!—Justin Liu

Saturday, November 4, 2017 2:13 AM

顺其自然地勇往直前!—Justin Liu

Not that I knew of , except Menu everything on master page is in place

Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Saturday, November 4, 2017 3:23 PM

顺其自然地勇往直前!—Justin Liu

Even if reset , does impact only main site nor sub sites?

Saturday, November 4, 2017 11:53 PM
  • Yes, when set a master page, it has options to whether set current master page to sub sites.

顺其自然地勇往直前!—Justin Liu

Monday, November 6, 2017 12:56 AM
  • Yes, when set a master page, it has options to whether set current master page to sub sites.

顺其自然地勇往直前!—Justin Liu

yah, thank you, problem is I have issue with main site which doesn't exists in sub sites. Only header is invisible and is visible on mouse over

Monday, November 6, 2017 2:35 AM
  • glad that you found the cause.

顺其自然地勇往直前!—Justin Liu

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 3:12 AM
  • glad that you found the cause.

顺其自然地勇往直前!—Justin Liu

I ran into another issue with the Menu , 

"dynamic-children " class is missing from Menu child items , so instead of proper menu ...all sub menu items are displayed in Menu section making page ugly.

Surprisingly, menu in Site settings is proper even though both have same master page.

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 3:14 PM
  • it is depends on how you implement the danamic menu.

javascript & css or dll.

there may miss something.

You can use web browser debug tool to check if there is any error.

顺其自然地勇往直前!—Justin Liu

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 3:05 AM