none
WiFi driver in WEC7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

It seems that some people have made legacy wifi driver (NDIS5.1) work with WEC7. However I have encountered a problem and need your help.

I have a WiFi driver (NDIS5.1) which works fine with WinCE6.

I managed to build it in WEC7 with     -DNDIS51_MINIPORT=1 \ and -DNDIS_MINIPORT_DRIVER=1 \ variables. When I run the new OS, the WiFi driver is loaded successfully and network configuration windows pops up. It can scan and detect APs in the building. I selected one of the APs which worked fine with CE6. The WiFi driver scans, associates, authenticates, and connects to the AP. But when I check the IP address, I got 169.254.134.89 and 0.0.0.0 for default gateway. Base on my understanding, the legacy NDIS5.1 driver should be supported in WEC7. Can anyone point me out where I should look into and what's the reason for that problem?

Thanks,

James

Monday, February 27, 2012 9:18 PM

All replies

• Hello James,

Did you manage to solve it? if so, can you elaborate?

Thank you,

Shahal

Monday, March 12, 2012 8:56 AM
  • Hello again,

I've found out my driver is partially working. If the router is set to use WEP or no encryption - I get a valid IP,mask and Default gateway. If I try WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK I get some random values

(

IP: 169.254.47.46 (it varies)

Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0

Default Gateway: 0.0.0.0

)

Can anyone lead me to what could cause that?

Thanks alot,

Shahal

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 12:08 PM
  • I have seen the exact same symptoms with the driver i brought up from CE6. It seems no IP traffic is passed when encryption is enabled on the AP even thought it works just fine in CE6. I have been trying to determine if this is a supplicant problem or a driver issue. I am suspecting a supplicant issue unless you just happen to be using the exact same driver I have been using. What driver/wifi hardware are you using?

Dave

Friday, December 28, 2012 3:18 PM