none
Routing of 997, error files RRS feed

• Question

• We are a payer handling 837 claims for multiple healthcare agencies.  We currently have Biztalk 2010 in place and have worked through the EDI tutorials and some of the EDI looping tutorials on the web.  The nex challenge I have is receiving files and the sending of ack997, TA1 and error files.  

Am I correct in assuming that I can receive all files into a common folder, and use party/agreement setup to examine the ISA 6 and 8 segments to do any special agency specific processing I might need to do?

Also, if we use FILE type ports, and I want to send each agency their files to a specific folder, do I need to create a specfic port for each party agreement, or could I examine the ISA 6/8 segments and some how route based on this?  How do other people handle this?  Since all my agencies send the same kind(s) of files, I could get by with one agreement for inbound files, but I definitely need to respond by sending files into separate folders or separate emails.  How would I go about sending to separate folder of specific email?

Thanks for any and all help... Mike
    Monday, January 31, 2011 8:36 PM

Answers

• Mike,

Am I correct in assuming that I can receive all files into a common folder, and use party/agreement setup to examine the ISA 6 and 8 segments to do any special agency specific processing I might need to do?

Yes, you can have a common folder to receive files from all the Parties and once the file is disassembled you can use the ISA06/08 context properties to subscribe messages for special agency specific processing.

Also, if we use FILE type ports, and I want to send each agency their files to a specific folder, do I need to create a specfic port for each party agreement, or could I examine the ISA 6/8 segments and some how route based on this?

Option 1

You can create specific Send ports for each party, and in the Send port you can specify the following filter's 

EDI.ST01 == 997 and

EDI.ISSystemGeneratedAck == True and

EDI.ISA06 == "Sending Party's Identifier"

EDI.ISA08 == "Your Identifier"

This route the 997 to the specific folder's

Option 2

If you don't want to create Send ports for each and every party, you create a orchestration and subscribe to messages with EDI.ST01 == 997 and EDI.ISSystemGeneratedAck == True

In the Orchestration based on the ISA06 and 08 you can decide the folder path to create the 997 file and assign to message property and send it to Dynamic send port.

Sathish - http://blog.tsathish.com - Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    • Marked as answer by Mike J Dugan Tuesday, February 1, 2011 1:35 PM
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 2:16 AM

All replies

• On the inbound side I done a send port w/ a filter for each inbound ISA 6/8 combination. This can be tricky to manage the more partners you have.

On the outbound side it depends on how you integrate with the partners. Using a receive port with multiple receive locations is a nice way to aggregate the outbound content and then maybe have an orchestration read from the receive port and send it out.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Monday, January 31, 2011 9:41 PM
  • Mike,

Yes, you can have a common folder to receive files from all the Parties and once the file is disassembled you can use the ISA06/08 context properties to subscribe messages for special agency specific processing.

Also, if we use FILE type ports, and I want to send each agency their files to a specific folder, do I need to create a specfic port for each party agreement, or could I examine the ISA 6/8 segments and some how route based on this?

Option 1

You can create specific Send ports for each party, and in the Send port you can specify the following filter's 

EDI.ST01 == 997 and

EDI.ISSystemGeneratedAck == True and

EDI.ISA06 == "Sending Party's Identifier"

EDI.ISA08 == "Your Identifier"

This route the 997 to the specific folder's

Option 2

If you don't want to create Send ports for each and every party, you create a orchestration and subscribe to messages with EDI.ST01 == 997 and EDI.ISSystemGeneratedAck == True

In the Orchestration based on the ISA06 and 08 you can decide the folder path to create the 997 file and assign to message property and send it to Dynamic send port.

Sathish - http://blog.tsathish.com - Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    • Marked as answer by Mike J Dugan Tuesday, February 1, 2011 1:35 PM
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 2:16 AM