AXML Designer is slow RRS feed

• Question

• User103661 posted

Is it just me or is the Xamarin Visual Studio Android AXML designer incredibly slow to render? Sometimes I have to wait 2 minutes just to get an error message from the designer so I can click on the "Source" tab to edit the XML. Is it possible to update this so we can just click on the "Source" tab without having to wait for the render to complete?

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 1:50 PM

All replies

• User209348 posted

If you right click on your axml file and then select 'View Code' then it will load up the XML into the text editor....

As for the designer, it looks to be severely broken at the moment as I am getting the same problems as you...

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 11:36 PM
  • User327413 posted

The same thing on Mac OSX Sierra. Working like this, It's horrible, bad experience and non-productive. Please, fix this annoying bug for next VS release.

Friday, June 16, 2017 8:47 PM
  • User228975 posted

Yes, this thing is broken for a long time. It like a red headed step child in the family, nobody is bother to do anything about it.

Saturday, June 17, 2017 2:37 AM
  • User326621 posted

True, I find myself restarting VisualStudio many times during a programming session because the designer wont load the axml file. At least visual studio starts fast ^^

Sunday, June 18, 2017 12:13 AM
  • User334108 posted

@mikoo said: True, I find myself restarting VisualStudio many times during a programming session because the designer wont load the axml file. At least visual studio starts fast ^^

I have the same issues. The axml files load in the designer a few times then stop loading altogether with just the progress bar constantly loading. A restart of visual studio resets it but open 5 or so axml files and it breaks. VERY ANNOYING!!

Is there a fix for this??

Sunday, July 2, 2017 3:43 AM