none
ObjectDataSource CommandTimeout RRS feed

• Question

• So I have seen MANY threads on this topic, but still can not find a definitive answer as to how to fix this.

I am using VB.Net

1) I have a DAL(we will call it dal.xsd) made up of a TableAdapter (we will call it getsomething)

2) The getsomething TableAdapter query calls a stored procedure (we will call it sp_getsomething)

3) I have a webpage(getsomething.aspx) which has a GridView(gdvGetSomething) whos data source is an ObjectDataSource(ObjectDataSource1), which calls the p_getsomething from the getsomething TableAdapter

PROBLEM:  The execution of the stored procedure takes longer than the default command timeout of 30 seconds

Question: How and/or where can I raise the Command Timeout value so that I dont get the System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

I have read several things about creating a partial class, and if this is the case, then where do I put that at?  Do I have to create a new class file?  does it go in the getsomething.vb?  Is there an entry I can put in the web.config?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 3:09 PM

Answers

All replies