none
Why framework 4 was installed was caused my machine too slow RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

when i installed Framework 4(full and client) on my laptop, then guess what? when i open new project, develop new project, etc. everything was very slow. did this responsibility blame on M$? I paid money but now i cannot develop my project. exactly speaking it's hard for me to bear it!

how to deal with that or improve that?

Thanks,

Bief,

Sunday, August 7, 2011 12:16 PM

All replies

• Can you please provide the hardware specifications for your laptop (CPU, memory, etc.)?

Also, you mention installing .NET Framework 4.0, then talk about opening projects. Did you install .NET Framework 4.0 as part of a Visual Studio 2010 install? If so, please tell us which edition of VS 2010 you installed, and if you installed any add-ons.

The .NET Framework itself has nothing to do with the slow performance you are experiencing. The framework is only used when programs that require the framework's support are running.

If my guess about Visual Studio 2010 is correct, there is a forum dedicated to Visual Studio installation and setup here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vssetup/threads

Sunday, August 7, 2011 1:22 PM
  • appreciated for your reply pvdg42.

I suggested devenv /safemode and /resetsettings from Alexander Sun's. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vssetup/thread/10817250-2572-4569-8f0d-9127c497a7bf but it was unlucky, it looks very similariatity of his suggestions. Another case need to be reported to you, it works well after uninstalled framework 4 from my laptop. You know, I just create a datatable, but it also very slow, but uninstalled and everything was gone.

hope this can help you help me.

Thanks,

Bief,

Monday, August 8, 2011 3:41 PM
  • Please provide answers to the questions I posed in my first response:

1. Provide the hardware specifications for your laptop (CPU, memory, etc.).

2. Did you install .NET Framework 4.0 as part of a Visual Studio 2010 install? If so, please tell us which edition of VS 2010 you installed, and if you installed any add-ons.

From your last post, what do you mean by " but uninstalled and everything was gone."?

Again, are you having issues with Visual Studio? 

Monday, August 8, 2011 6:11 PM
  • >>1. Provide the hardware specifications for your laptop (CPU, memory, etc.).

memory: 3GB

2.4GHz

Windows 7 professional

HD:320

Intel Core i5 520M

NVIDIA Quadro NVS 31

>>2. Did you install .NET Framework 4.0 as part of a Visual Studio 2010 install? If so, please tell us which edition of VS 2010 you installed, and if you installed any add-ons.

VS2010 Ultimate

>>From your last post, what do you mean by " but uninstalled and everything was gone."?

I meant the speed sped up more after uninstalled it.

Thanks,

Bief,

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 4:26 PM
  • To test if the installation of .NET Framework 4.0 itself is slowing your computer down (your hardware specs look more than adequate, BTW), I suggest you install just .NET Framework 4.0:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=17851

Then, see if the speed is affected. Your previous post seems to indicate that it's Visual Studio performance that is slow.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 4:44 PM
  • Thanks pvdg42.

I took entire day to uninstall and reinstall framework 4 on my laptop. But the result was the same. Installed framework 4 wasn't any issue and smoothly. Perhaps like your said, it looks this issue was caused by vs itself. But i just create a very simple datatable, and why did vs run so slowly under so such simple code snippets?

I think we should troubleshooting this case more and do more action to get more more progress.

Updated:

We used performance tool to check the result. You know, we're very frustrating for the result. perhaps, our question need to say why just one line code, but vs complied many many time. i don't know this issue should be blamed on vs itself, framework or M$! If anybody know that, tell me please. you know this was very emergent, i now worked on another laptop, but i dont think this goes on for long!

Updated2:

nobody here? no moderators here?

Thanks,

Bief,

Thursday, August 11, 2011 3:43 AM
  • Nobody here? No moderators? already 5 days! no answer, just has MVP troubleshooting, but didn't solve my qusetion. Very bad forum!

• Proposed as answer by pvdg42 Friday, August 12, 2011 1:06 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by pvdg42 Friday, August 12, 2011 1:08 PM
    Friday, August 12, 2011 5:30 AM
  • These forums are community driven with a mix of ordinary users, MVPs, support staff and microsoft employees. There are no guarantee for support but we all do the best to help each others. If you want full support you should contact PSS (http://support.microsoft.com/)

How and what did you do to measure the performance before install .NET 4?

How did you install .NET 4.0?

How and what did you do to measure the performance after install .NET 4?

Please also post the actual measurements.

Friday, August 12, 2011 9:35 AM
  • I dont think you're correct sir. Please double check my previous posts, just create a very simple datatable in my very new console application. It's slow. (Background: already installed F4) But like you've checked, after i uninstalled it from my laptop, everthing was in order. I used performance tool to check this fact. Additionally, you can find my laptop's configuration wasn't very bad, was it? I should know if F4 was different with F3 under the bottom or others.

Additionally, i didn't blame my complaint on pvdg42. I think he's very nice. I just concern as you said. where's the support staff? where's the microsoft employee? You're right. pay support was very quick way, but two reasons i think you should know. 1. why did we need MSDN forum? 2. we can pay to support, but we should know this case was caused by microsoft's product, not my codes or others.

I hope this can help you solve your concern.

Thanks,

Bief,

Friday, August 12, 2011 10:56 AM
  • If you want help determining why .NET4 is slower you need to provide the information we ask for. Maybe there is something we can figure out together to make .NET 4 perform better.

What performance tool did you use to measeure with?

Friday, August 12, 2011 11:08 AM
  • Hello, Tenderbief.

Your statement to Andreas " just create a very simple datatable in my very new console application. It's slow" indicates that it Visual Studio that is slow, not the .NET Framework 4.0 itself. Am I correct in this interpretation of what you told Andreas? What about other programs installed on your computer? Do they perform normally?

If I got it right, please tell us what version and edition of Visual Studio you are using. Also, if I am correct in my interpretation, you may want to consider reinstalling Visual Studio.

I understand that getting to the root of a problem like the one you describe is frustrating and time consuming, but please understand that we are doing the best we can to assist with only the description and information you provide to help us.

If your problem is only with Visual Studio, there is a forum dedicated to Visual Studio installation and setup issues where you may wish to ask as well:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vssetup/threads

Friday, August 12, 2011 1:25 PM
  • Thanks pvdg42, also Andreas. I opened a new thread in vssetup forum. i am not quarrelsome. hope the new journey hears good.

Thanks,

Bief,

Saturday, August 13, 2011 5:24 AM