Can't find Silverlight 2 Site Project Type Option RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there.
    When i open blend don't have the option to create a silverlight 2 site. Everywhere (in the web) the option is available.

I have the folowing instaled:

- Visual Studio 2008 version 9 RTM;
    - Expression Blend 2;
    - Deep Zoom Composer;
    - Silverlight SDK;
    - Silverlight Tools Beta 2;
    - Expression Blend 2.5 June 2008 Preview.

Is something missing?
    • Edited by joao1234 Monday, July 7, 2008 3:54 PM Correction
    Monday, July 7, 2008 3:16 PM

All replies

• I have the same problem. Did you figuare it out?

Keith
    Monday, July 21, 2008 5:10 AM
  • I found this in another post.  Did you guys install that by chance?

"If you are doing any Silverlight 2 development, please do not install .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 BETA until a future Silverlight Tools update is available.  You will only be able to create and edit WPF and Silverlight 1 projects using the Blend 2.5 Preview on machines running the .NET 3.5 Service Pack, due to an incompatibility."
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 11:06 PM
  • Has anyone found the solution to this?  This thread was started last summer and I'm am experiencing this same issue.  I downloaded the trial version yesterday Jan-27-2009.  Thanks in advance for the help,

Matt

Thursday, January 29, 2009 6:07 AM
  • Matt Peck said:

Has anyone found the solution to this?  This thread was started last summer and I'm am experiencing this same issue.  I downloaded the trial version yesterday Jan-27-2009.  Thanks in advance for the help,

Matt

I would also like to know.

Chris Leeds
    Facebook
    Microsoft Press "Expression Web Step by Step"

Sunday, February 1, 2009 1:55 AM
  • I don't know if this applies, but I just installed Expression Blend 2.0 on my laptop.  When I first opened it, Silverlight 1.0 was the only option available for Silverlight development.  All that was taken care of by downloading the Expression Blend SP1 found at http://www.microsoft.com/expression/try-it/default.aspx?filter=servicepacks and running it...making sure Blend is closed beforehand.  I reopened Blend and Silverlight 2.0 was available.
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 5:43 AM
  • I also had to install the Blend SP1 before SL2 projects were available in blend.  I'm guessing this is because VS and Blend are separate entities with separate dev tracks
    Saturday, February 21, 2009 6:52 AM