DisplayAfter property of formregionmanifest is not working for adjoining form region RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using VSTO 4.0 with VS2010 for developing outlook adding for Outlook 2010.

I am having 2 adjoining form region. I had given FormRegionName attribute as "Form1" and "Form2" to set the form region name. Now i want Form2 should come first so i am setting the Form1's DisplayAfter property to "Form2" but nothing is happening and showing Form1 as first.

I find below microsoft link for that but again unable to make it run as expected.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.office.tools.outlook.formregionmanifest.displayafter.aspx

I also try by setting the FormRegionName property of manifest and use this value in DisplayAfter but no success.

After that i find some article asking for fully qualified name so i had given the namespace.formregionclassname in DisplayAfter but again no success.

If anyone who used it and its working, then please help me as i want to show the Form2 as first in adjoining form regions.

Anand
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:21 PM

Answers

• Hi Anand,

Would you please try to create a new form region to? You old form region has the original name of it in the registry, and change its name will not affect the value of it in the registry. If the value in the registry hasn’t been changed the sort order will not change.

I hope it can help you.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, August 11, 2011 4:32 AM

All replies

• Hi Anand,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I tried to use IFormRegionFactory.Manifest to handle you case, but it seems no work at all. I found it will relate to the source file’s name of your form region. The order to show form region will following the alphabetic, for example the order to display form will like this “AForm”->”BForm”->”CTest”->”DATest”.

I hope it can help you.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, July 29, 2011 1:45 AM
  • Thanks Tom for your response.

I tried by the names as well by putting X in front of it but no difference and keep coming as old. Actually it is coming the way i added the form region in project. The first added is coming as first. There is property "DisplayAfter" but i dont know why its not working as its expected.

Anand
    Friday, July 29, 2011 4:58 AM
  • Hi Anand,

Would you please try to create a new form region to? You old form region has the original name of it in the registry, and change its name will not affect the value of it in the registry. If the value in the registry hasn’t been changed the sort order will not change.

I hope it can help you.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Thursday, August 11, 2011 4:32 AM