none
can i run all features, plugins of visual studio on windows 8 pro single language edition

Question

• Can i run all the available features, plugins of visual studio 2015 on windows 8 pro single language edition ? OR it is recommended to use windows professional full version. also i need to run other softwares like SQL, IIS, apache and so on......

As i am working in IT field i need to study more in programming field, can anyone answer me that i need to change the windows from single language edition to full professional edition ? OR everything supported by windows 8 pro single edition which i have now ?

• Moved by Kristin Xie Friday, December 04, 2015 5:50 AM VS related
    Thursday, December 03, 2015 8:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Muhammad Yamani,

As far as I know, we could install the VS2015 on windows 8 Environment, but if you want to know that whether all plug-ins or project types are supported in this Environment, I'm afraid that it is hard for us to provide a directly answers, for example, certain project types are not supported in windows 8 like the windows 10 UWP projects in VS2015. I think it is also hard for us to know that whether all plug-ins worked well in your Windows 8 Environment. Maybe you could tell us the real plug-ins or project types you want to install or develop.

Since this forum is to discuss the VS IDE, if you want to know whether you could install SQL Server or IIS or other software in your Environment, I'm afraid that we would discuss this issue with the IIS or the SQL Server experts. I think you could get the specific support forum from the MSDN site.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 07, 2015 2:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Muhammad,

Based on your description, your case more related to VS issue, I moved your case to VS General forum for better support.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, December 04, 2015 5:52 AM
  • Hi Muhammad Yamani,

As far as I know, we could install the VS2015 on windows 8 Environment, but if you want to know that whether all plug-ins or project types are supported in this Environment, I'm afraid that it is hard for us to provide a directly answers, for example, certain project types are not supported in windows 8 like the windows 10 UWP projects in VS2015. I think it is also hard for us to know that whether all plug-ins worked well in your Windows 8 Environment. Maybe you could tell us the real plug-ins or project types you want to install or develop.

Since this forum is to discuss the VS IDE, if you want to know whether you could install SQL Server or IIS or other software in your Environment, I'm afraid that we would discuss this issue with the IIS or the SQL Server experts. I think you could get the specific support forum from the MSDN site.

Best Regards,

Jack

Monday, December 07, 2015 2:10 PM