Syndication question

Question

• Hi everyone, in "Building your first metro app in Javascript" we learn how to use the syndication classes to show an rss feed. I successfully built that first app while taking it further by including real fragment navigation and metro style ui... But I can't seem to solve one problem.

I successfully read the Title, PublishedDate and  Summary like it is shown on the tutorial :

(scroll throught rss items and then)

item.title.text

item.publishedDate.text

item.summary.text

I can also get the links on each item like this :

item.links.getAt(n).uri.absoluteUri

Depending on 'n' I can get the real link of the rss or also when provided an image link... Now The problem is that some RSS feeds got their image link on n=1 others on n=0 so it's not very reliable.

So then I saw on the reference of Syndication something that should get the image link directly, that is imageUri. Of course you need a compatible feed (rss 2.0 for exemple) and that's the case already.

So I would like to get the imageUri so I can then bind it like I did on everything I did earlier but I can't seem to  be able to get it. I'm sure it's a scripting issue and I'm wrong somewhere.  tried this:

item.imageUri
    item.imageUri.uri
    item.imageUri.uri.absoluteUri

etc...etc... I tried a lot of other things but you get the point. I'm quite a noob at this (I already script in javascript a lot with game engines like unity so I can script) but msdn isn't really that intuitive for me. Could someone help me get this one correctly and of course most important, explain to me how this works.

Thanks for your attention !

• Edited by ShibitoK Thursday, October 06, 2011 10:24 PM
    Thursday, October 06, 2011 10:20 PM

Answers

All replies