none
Message stuck in Outbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

This appears to be a frequent issue that people encounter: messages getting stuck in the outbox when the Outbox is the currently open folder, Outlook selects the message and the message won't be submitted to the server, or if other addins are monitoring outgoing email.  I've found solutions from a user's perspective, such as moving the message to Drafts and sending it again.

But I'd like to know if a programmatic solution has been found for this.  Sales people and the clients are often watching the Outbox as our addin tries to sent an email, and they see the email getting stuck in the Outbox.  I've tried calling mailItem->Send() in the ItemSend callback, but that hasn't helped.

Our clients are far more likely to tell us that our addin does not work, rather than understanding that it's a general Outlook quirk.  So, is there anything I can do, from inside the addin, to force messages to be sent even when the outbox is being viewed or when other addins are examining the outbox??

Thanks!

• Edited by glotter Friday, October 11, 2013 1:40 PM
    • Changed type glotter Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:55 PM
    Friday, October 11, 2013 1:17 PM

All replies