none
Send e-mail with fields and then retrieve values RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I need ideas to develop a project from scratch.

I have to send an e-mail to a vendor that'll answer it and I have to automatically extract it's contents.

Let's say there'll be two fields: FirstName and BirthDate. The problem here is that the vendor might fill the fields in a way that my regex patterns will not be reliable to extract data.

An innocent e-mail body like:

FirstName: <enter first name here>

Birthdate: <enter birth date here>

won't do, because it is too risky.

Anyone has suggestions of how could I accomplish that reliably, considering even that the fact that the receiver might not use Outlook? The ideal would be to use e-mail, but if not possible, is there a suggestion? Maybe I send a link and the person click the link and there will be a form?

Thanks.

Felipe Costa Gualberto - http://www.ambienteoffice.com.br

Thursday, October 29, 2015 1:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• a) attached spreadsheet.

b) Link to a Google Form or Type 

How About ?

Thursday, October 29, 2015 1:37 PM
  • Hello Felipe,

There is no universal solution for such tasks due to the fact that Outlook can be absent on the recipient side. I'd suggest providing a link to the web age where users can leave their answers.

Thursday, October 29, 2015 2:40 PM
  • Thanks for the suggestions.

@Eugene, if I can guarantee that everyone uses Outlook is there an alternative?

Felipe Costa Gualberto - http://www.ambienteoffice.com.br

Thursday, October 29, 2015 2:44 PM
  • You can develop an Outlook add-in which can display an appropriate UI for your questions. For example, an Outlook form region can be used for that. 

Or you could try to use Outlook custom forms, see To distribute Microsoft Outlook forms to other users for more information. 

Thursday, October 29, 2015 3:05 PM
  • @Felipe,

If you decide to use Outlook forms, you can send me an email and I test for you. I have Outlook here and I can answer. (Office 2013)

Thursday, October 29, 2015 3:32 PM