CrossPlatform (Forms app) Developped in windows: How to test it on an Iphone? I have a mac available RRS feed

• Question

• User365288 posted

I can run a new hello world app(xamarin.forms, c#, newly updated VS17) through the Live Player with my android phones, but the IOS version always give me errors.

Is it because a mac computer is needed to test IOS apps? In that case I did bring try using a mac (with xcode7 and visual studio17) and link it with the Xamarin Agent, but when running the program it says no Provisioning profile matched the certificates. I see that I don't have any provisioning profiles, and the links to apple.developer/members or so redirects back to account because I don't have a paid license. to access these features. Is it a Must to buy to test an app? How else can I add a provisioning profile on the mac for my windows computer to use? in a way that is not outdated, i have the latest of everything.

I tried with different kinds of apple accounts with or without development teams

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 2:48 PM

All replies

• User365288 posted

One of the current issues might be selecting a target device for my project. It says Iphone(unavailable) it is IOS11 iphone I will try to update to Xunit to the latest in case that is the problem. I am by the way on start of the step: help.apple.com/xcode/mac/current/#/dev23aab79b4 but it looks different in my version, it doesnt have the signing drop down just a fix error with no certificate -> fix error with no provision account(doesnt work)

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 2:58 PM
  • User180523 posted

XCode 7 is WAY old. 9.2 is current.

Have you gone through the Xamarin site documentation on how to set up your mac as a build host? That's a good place to start.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 3:34 PM