Screen goes blank While installing Windows Developer preview

Question

• I m having hp pavilion g6 Laptop . i am trying to install Windows Developer Preview when it says getting your devices ready, after screen goes blank. what to do????? i tried many times......

Configuration:

Hp pavilion g6

Intel i5

Ram 8 GB

HDD 640 GB

RADEON Graphics card
    plzzzz help me

Sunday, November 20, 2011 9:37 AM

All replies

• Hello,

What if you press Shift+F8 (or just F8) when on the boot menu screen and start the OS without loading Windows Defender anti-virus drivers. As you understand it, all looks like your Radeon drivers fail to work properly. If you could, you would create a Safe Mode boot entry, but I don't know the way you could do it once your screen gets black right after boot.

Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given...
    Sunday, November 20, 2011 11:02 AM
  • i am trying to install Windows Developer Preview

when it says getting your devices ready, after screen goes blank.

How are you installing and which one?

FWIW I can't remember where in either of the install procedures that I did that message would occur.   However, there are some YouTube videos available which might help you...

Harder to find good ones for installation than I thought.   Unfortunately I can't refind the one I used.   This one has a fleeting glimpse of the message I think you are referring to at about the 3:30 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA5psoDvojc

(BING search for
        +installation steps windows 8 developer preview site:youtube.com

So what all devices do you have attached then?  Perhaps you should try detaching some temporarily to get a cleaner install then?   In particular FWIW I would remove any unnecessary USB devices, even my hub, if necessary.   E.g. I could use my Tablet's real keyboard and touchpad to forgo use of my wireless keyboard and mouse but can't remember if I had to do that for either of my installs or not.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, November 20, 2011 8:34 PM