none
Adjust map from Bing Maps Add-on in Excel RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I made a map in Excel with the Bing Maps add-in, and I would like to adjust some settings, like zoom-level, pitch angle, etc using Excel VBA. Is that possible and if so, can you give me a hint?

Friday, October 13, 2017 7:36 PM

Answers

• The Bing Maps add-in doesn't have any real settings. It is a really basic add-in that was created by the office team ages ago and has been replaced by the 3D and filled maps in Excel. What locations is the 3D maps not finding? It uses Bing Maps as well. Possibly just need a small tweak in the data.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

• Marked as answer by C00B Monday, October 16, 2017 1:22 PM
    Saturday, October 14, 2017 11:31 PM

All replies

• I don't believe that is possible. 

Friday, October 13, 2017 11:18 PM
  • Unfortunately. I would like to adjust a few settings which are possible in Excel 3d maps. But strangeley, '3d maps' shows incorrect locations... And bing maps add-in shows the correct locations with the same data...

Do you have any info about the settings that are adjustable?

Saturday, October 14, 2017 7:13 PM
  • The Bing Maps add-in doesn't have any real settings. It is a really basic add-in that was created by the office team ages ago and has been replaced by the 3D and filled maps in Excel. What locations is the 3D maps not finding? It uses Bing Maps as well. Possibly just need a small tweak in the data.

• Marked as answer by C00B Monday, October 16, 2017 1:22 PM
    Saturday, October 14, 2017 11:31 PM